Balzer Fund Donates to Local Non-profits in 2021
(August 3, 2021) – A core belief at Balzer and Associates is our commitment to supporting and improving the communities in which we work and live. One of the ways we achieve this is through the Balzer Fund. The fund allows us to support charitable organizations that focus on educational success and community development. Recently, awards were distributed to non-profits in the communities across the Commonwealth of Virginia where Balzer and Associates has offices. The donations for the 2020-2021 year went to:
- FRIENDS Association for Children: A child and family agency that has served the Central Virginia community for over 150 years.
- Greater Augusta Regional Chamber of Commerce Foundation: The Academic Achievers program provides monetary assistance to students as they enter their career development journey.
- Habitat for Humanity – Roanoke: Bringing the community together and building homes.
- New River Community Action: Serving vulnerable residents and struggling families with a variety of programs to address food, shelter, early childhood, and employment.
- On the Road Collaborative: Serving youth by providing educational opportunities and experiences to close the learning gap.
These organizations all work to create stronger communities and we are proud to have been able to further their missions with our donations.
About Balzer & Associates
Established in 1968, Balzer & Associates is a development consulting company that provides planning, architectural, engineering, surveying, and related services throughout Virginia and surrounding areas. The company is headquartered in Roanoke and has offices in Richmond, the Shenandoah Valley, the New River Valley, and Lynchburg.