We strive to solve problems, from simple issues to complex structures.
We Do Structural Engineering
Our Structural team has cultivated a well-earned reputation for thinking “beyond the book,” creatively yet appropriately applying structural design principles and loading requirements to the design vision and producing the most seamless transition from function to form. Whether the structural components disappear into the background or take center stage, our team at Balzer and Associates, Inc. is always focused on the most efficient way to make our client’s dream a reality. Our engineers draw from diverse experiences to provide a realistic design approach, focused on the details without becoming lost within. And our focus doesn’t diminish once the plans are done. We always prioritize an open, collaborative, and timely response to contractors’ issues during construction for those times when things just don’t go according to plan.
Balzer and Associates, Inc. has provided structural design services throughout Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, and West Virginia for new and existing buildings. Projects include multi-family, historic restoration and renovation/adaptive re-use, medical office, retail, office, religious facilities, educational facilities, and hospitality facilities. Designs have included structural steel frames, concrete frames, heavy timber, light frame construction, and masonry on a multitude of building foundations.
Structural Engineering Department offers:
- Structural Analysis and Design for new construction
- Roof and Floor Framing Design and Plan Preparation
- Foundation Design and Plan Preparation
- Shear Wall and/or Lateral Frame Analysis and Detailing
- Tall Wall Analysis and Detailing
- Inspection and Analysis of existing building conditions
- Structural 3rd Party Inspections
- Analysis of building damage or failure and Structural Report and/or Repair Details, including insurance claims
- Locality and/or Bank Required Inspections