We strive to solve problems, from simple issues to complex structures.
We Do Structural Engineering
Our structural team has cultivated a well-earned reputation for thinking “beyond the book,” creatively yet appropriately applying structural design principles and loading requirements to the design vision and producing the most seamless transition from function to form. Whether the structural components disappear into the background or take center stage, our team at Balzer and Associates, Inc. is always focused on the most efficient way to make our client’s dream a reality. Our engineers draw from diverse experiences to provide a realistic design approach, focused on the details without becoming lost within. And our focus doesn’t diminish once the plans are done. We always prioritize an open, collaborative, and timely response to contractors’ issues during construction for those times when things just don’t go according to plan.
Balzer and Associates, Inc. has provided structural design services throughout Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, and West Virginia for new and existing buildings. Projects include multi-family, historic restoration and renovation/adaptive re-use, medical office, retail, office, religious facilities, educational facilities, and hospitality facilities. Designs have included structural steel frames, concrete frames, heavy timber, light frame construction, and masonry on a multitude of building foundations.
Our Structural Engineering Team Offers
- Construction documents and specs for new construction.
- Analysis of existing structures for change of use, renovation, or retrofit designs.
- Construction Administration including submittal review, on-site consulting, and special inspections.
- Damage assessments to existing structures following accidents, fires, or disasters.
- Engineered shop drawing preparation for steel trades.